Idea Lemon is on an epic road trip August 8 - September 20, taking our Discover Your Inner Awesome podcast around the country in partnership with our friends at the kickass travel community Under30Experiences. If you daydream of going to places like Bali, Costa Rica, Belize, Peru, Iceland and more, you HAVE to hit up U30X. Their trips have changed our lives. We're all about helping you do more of what you love, so use Promo Code "idealemon" for $100 off your booking.
These are our notes from Seattle!
The comedian Mitch Hedburg has a funny bit that goes something like this:
"Bananas and stoplights have absolutely nothing in common. With a stoplight green means go, yellow means slow down, and red means stop. With a banana green means slow down, yellow means go, and red means where the fuck did you get that banana?"
We only had a day in Seattle, but our visit included a stop at the Microsoft campus for a conversation with Steve Kane. Steve works in product marketing at Microsoft and has a really cool side project called Strictly Good Energy (instagram @strictlygoodenergy).
Our conversation was about the stoplights in life. When is it time to put the pedal to the metal on your ambitions, and when is it time to slow down?
Have a listen here
In this episode you'll learn
- Why listening to your inner voice matters
- Finding a personal equilibrium
- The difference between traditional entrepreneurship and lifestyle entrepreneurship
- How your purpose impacts your decision-making
- How everything can be changed
- Building a core lifestyle foundation and building around that
- Why we're so hard on ourselves
- Keeping a short memory
- How to let go of the little things
Other notes from Seattle
- We only had a day so not too much to share, but it's way hillier than I ever knew. A great lunch spot is a place called Trove which serves different noodle dishes. I got the cold soba (a veggie dish) and it was phe-NOM-enal. Martin had the Pad Thai with pork belly and he devoured it in seconds. They also do dessert parfaits in mason jars.
- Molly Moon's Homemade Ice Cream Shop. Do it.
- Shoutout to everyone who joined us via Periscope as we walked the streets of Seattle!
We're in Portland now and our U30X meetup is tomorrow night! Click below to RSVP and we'll see you there!
Thursday August 20, come out and grab drinks with awesome people who love to travel and see the world.
Green Dragon Bistro & Pub
928 SE 9th Ave
Portland, OR 97214
Take care and be awesome today,
What up! My name is Rajiv Nathan and I'm the Cofounder of Idea Lemon. That banana peel you slipped on to land here came from me. That's because I fancy myself a human Curious George, and the yellow hat I chase is life's authentic moments. I share my chase one story at a time through this blog, our email newsletter, and as a rapper.
Oh and I'm a WWE fan 4 lyf!