Idea Lemon is on an epic road trip August 8 - September 20, taking our Discover Your Inner Awesome podcast around the country in partnership with our friends at the kickass travel community Under30Experiences. If you daydream of going to places like Bali, Costa Rica, Belize, Peru, Iceland and more, you HAVE to hit up U30X. Their trips have changed our lives. We're all about helping you do more of what you love, so use Promo Code "idealemon" for $100 off your booking.
Here are more notes from LA!
Help! You know I need somebody! Help!
Just what were The Beatles actually singing about? People always talk about the importance of giving back, showing support, and helping others, but realistically how do you actually help others? It can seem like a daunting task if you don’t know who to help and where to start.
In our second podcast out of LA we dropped by the Movember headquarters for a conversation with one of their directors, and Mo-Bro, JJ Owen.
If you’re not familiar with Movember, they are the Non-Profit Organization that raises awareness and money for mens health (think prostate cancer) by getting men to grow a mustache during the month of November to start the conversation.
Head into your weekend listening to our chat with JJ about helping others. NOTE: We gush on Movember HARD in this one.
In this episode you'll learn:
- How causes build relationships
- Why creating change doesn’t have to be big sweeping change
- What makes people care about getting involved
- The ways you can help others that don’t involve donating money
- How to support a cause without having to go out of your way
- Why being open to chance interactions leads to creating great things
- Finding your inherent reason to get involved, and how that changes your approach
- If being altruistic is a realistic thing to strive for
- How to relate your past activities to your future activities
- Knowing where your money goes
- All about Movember
Martin flew to Canada yesterday for a wedding if you can believe that, and I'm in Tahoe this weekend for an Under30Experiences alumni reunion trip (I'm not messing around when I say this community is amazing). We meet up again on Monday at LAX and drive to Vegas baby! Next week we'll have our final 2 LA podcasts coming your way.
In the meantime, take care and be awesome today,
What up! My name is Rajiv Nathan and I'm the Cofounder of Idea Lemon. That banana peel you slipped on to land here came from me. That's because I fancy myself a human Curious George, and the yellow hat I chase is life's authentic moments. I share my chase one story at a time through this blog, our email newsletter, and as a rapper. Follow along here to learn how to build a fulfilling lifestyle that gets you noticed for what you love.