Idea Lemon is on an epic road trip August 8 - September 20, taking our Discover Your Inner Awesome podcast around the country in partnership with our friends at the kickass travel community Under30Experiences. If you daydream of going to places like Bali, Costa Rica, Belize, Peru, Iceland and more, you HAVE to hit up U30X. Their trips have changed our lives. We're all about helping you do more of what you love, so use Promo Code "idealemon" for $100 off your booking.
Here are more notes from LA!
Over the weekend we had a mini break in the road trip where I went to Lake Tahoe for a U30X alumni reunion vacation (Martin flew to Canada for a wedding).
There’s been no shortage of hiking for me on this road trip. Summiting Mt. Rose in the Sierra Nevada marks 4 straight weekends of hiking (am I really one of those guys now? I hope so.)
This hike was hands down the most difficult. There were some uphills that were just brutal.
But I did it with an amazing group of people, and the one thing that I can say about all of us as we made it to the top was that it took tenacity to get there. It would have been easy to say ‘fuck it’ and turn around when the going got tough. But we stuck it out and made it to the top to take this dope photo.
While it’s clear that hiking is largely about physicality, don’t underestimate the mental tenacity required.
Building up mental tenacity is something that can be tough in our working lives. Sometimes, it’s hard to know when we’re doing the right thing, and if we’re headed in the right direction.
While in Los Angeles last week, we sat down with Jennifer Kushell, founder of YSN, and had an AMAZING conversation around knowing how to stay tenacious.
Jen invited us to her lovely home and let us play with her Masai Warrior Spears from Morocco.
After spearing around, we got into the down and dirty of building your backbone.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- How routines impact your ability to stay focused
- Why advice and opinions aren’t always a good thing
- The importance of deciding what you want versus what others want
- Appreciating where you are
- Taking a yoga mindset to more aspects of life
- Comparing yourself to yourself
- Working smart versus working hard
- Pacing yourself and being resourceful
- Finding your ideal work environment
- The story of our friend who applied to 230 jobs before getting a call back
- Leaving room for the good stuff that happens in the margins
- Taking a more creative approach to keep things interesting
- Building a body of work to where the work speaks for itself
- Breaking away from templates and scripts in communication
- Being thoughtful about what you put online
- The 100 words of every industry
- The 3 types of people who attend networking events
- Seeking experiences to keep motivated
We have one more episode to share from LA. In the meantime, we're in Vegas now and it's time to let it ride on the roulette wheel!
Take care and be awesome today,
What up! My name is Rajiv Nathan and I'm the Cofounder of Idea Lemon. That banana peel you slipped on to land here came from me. That's because I fancy myself a human Curious George, and the yellow hat I chase is life's authentic moments. I share my chase one story at a time through this blog, our email newsletter, and as a rapper. Follow along here to learn how to build a fulfilling lifestyle that gets you noticed for what you love.