Idea Lemon is on an epic road trip August 8 - September 20, taking our Discover Your Inner Awesome podcast around the country in partnership with our friends at the kickass travel community Under30Experiences. If you daydream of going to places like Bali, Costa Rica, Belize, Peru, Iceland and more, you HAVE to hit up U30X. Their trips have changed our lives. We're all about helping you do more of what you love, so use Promo Code "idealemon" for $100 off your booking.
Here are our second batch of notes from Portland!
Unexpected things happen all the time. Maybe you get laid off. Maybe your partner breaks up with you. Maybe you have to pack up and move away from everyone you know.
How you choose to view them changes everything though.
Am I getting laid off, or am I getting a chance to explore a new opportunity?
Am I broken up with, or getting time to learn more about myself?
Am I moving and leaving everyone I know, or moving and building new relationships?
Hell, yesterday we got a $62 parking ticket and that was COMPLETELY unexpected. City hall being stupid, or a reminder to not be careless?
In our second podcast out of Portland, we talked with Sean Ogle, founder of Location Rebel, about the unexpected. Sean couldn't have been more perfect for this conversation. In 2009, he unknowingly resigned from his job (talk about unexpected). This led to him building Location Rebel, moving to Thailand for an extended period, and setting out on a quest to play the top 100 golf courses in the world.
Sean shares his stories and much more with us.
In this episode, you'll also learn:
- Finding a good travel buddy to have the experiences you want to have
- How to deal with getting laid off when you least expect it
- Identifying what you have to fall back on when things don't go as planned
- How to comfortably quit your job
- Taking an abundance versus a limited mindset
- The 3 stages of uncertainty
- Forcing yourself to do something by talking about it more
- Advancing yourself beyond being a pretender to a doer
- Making yourself worthy of being helped by other people
- Valuing your own time, and the importance of being called out on your BS
- Breaking past the veil of forced and fake pleasantries
- Planning for the now instead of planning for an uncertain future
- How to move forward without a backup plan
- Sean’s advice for knowing the exact right time to leave your job
- Trusting yourself to make tough decisions
- Forcing yourself into sink or swim scenarios to reveal your best qualities
- Identifying your transferable skills to lessen negative impact, and maximize positive impact
We're in San Francisco and tonight we're hosting an Under30Experiences meetup at Upcider. Do you live in the Bay area? Come out and talk travel and building kickass lifestyles!
Take care and be awesome today,
What up! My name is Rajiv Nathan and I'm the Cofounder of Idea Lemon. That banana peel you slipped on to land here came from me. That's because I fancy myself a human Curious George, and the yellow hat I chase is life's authentic moments. I share my chase one story at a time through this blog, our email newsletter, and as a rapper. Follow along here to learn how to build a fulfilling lifestyle that gets you noticed for what you love.
Oh and I'm a WWE fan 4 lyf!